For hair growth it is essential that you should take all the necessary vitamins. This is because they make the hair strong and shiny. One of them is vitamin b12 which is needed for hair growth. In this guide, we will let you know whether your hair loss is the reason for vitamin b12 deficiency.
Having the right amount of vitamins are essential to have thick and healthy hair. One of the vitamins is B12 which is also called cobalamin and plays an essential role in metabolism, red blood cell production, and cell division.
If the Vitamin b12 is not present in the body than cells will struggle with the hair growth process. Moreover, vitamin b12 deficiency is linked with a specific type of anemia. When the red blood cells it means oxygen will be delivered less to the scalp. Due to this, the hair follicles will become weak and they will die. It means deficiency of vitamin b12 will affect the quality of hair. Vitamin b12 is needed for new hair cells and hair growth.
What deficiency of vitamin b12 occurs?
In most cases, people get an adequate amount of vitamin b12 by diet except Lacto-Ovo vegetarians, vegans, and elderly. The problem is with absorption not in consumption. Additionally, there are some conditions which restrict the body to absorb vitamin b12.
- Celiac disease
- Pernicious anemia
- Crohn’s disease
- Parasitic infection
- Digestive disorders
- Surgeries in which certain parts of the stomach or small intestine is removed
- Taking antacids and other heartburn medications for a long time
What are the Symptoms?
- Weight loss
- Bleeding gums
- Loss of appetite
- Pale skin
If the deficiency is prolonged then it can lead to:
- Tingling and numbness (on hands and feet )
- Loss of balance
- Memory loss
What are the ways to prevent and treat the issue?
So, if you are experiencing hair loss issue then it might be possible that Vitamin b12 deficiency is the reason. It is essential that you seek the help of the doctor for the treatment of hair transplant. To get the best hair transplant surgery you can consult our doctor as our entire team is highly experienced and skilled.
Along with that, following certain preventive measures can also help in regrowth of hair.
- Blood flow to the scalp is increased by scalp massage and exercise. This can also result in thick hair.
- You should change your diet and include food items like fish, meat, dairy products, poultry, and egg. In addition to this, start consuming green vegetables and healthy fat.
- You can also ask your doctor for a supplement which you can include in your daily routine.