CANDIDATES FOR BODY HAIR TRANSPLANT
Same as the normal hair transplant, in case of BHT also patient must be hale and hearty with realistic expectations. Other than this basic conditions patients who have weak donor area means insufficient supply of donor hair follicles, undergo this procedure.
Even sometime patients have some scars due to burn or injuries in that case also patients go for this procedure. Some patients do not have stable zone on scalp due to repeated hair transplants or have extreme level of baldness then also they go for body hair transplant. However body hair transplant is not considered suitable for female candidates.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT BHT
- In normal FUE graft exist in natural grouping of 1-4 hairs but in case of BHT –FUE hair are taken individually as the body hair grafts contain only one hair
- Body hair transplant in India is quite difficult procedure than normal hair transplant as body hair has different texture, length and properties than scalp hair so only experienced surgeon can perform BHT by utilizing his best knowledge and artistic skill to restore natural look
- Even body hair has different direction and angle than the scalp hair so while transplantation of body hair on scalp , surgeon needs to be careful so that body hair can mimic the look of existing scalp hair
- Slits that determine the direction of hair must be created carefully in case of body hair transplant
- As body parts have limited supply of grafts so there must be careful approach and use of right technique for extraction and transplantation so that damage of grafts can be reduced.
- Grafts are chosen in case of BHT on the basis of their exact match with the scalp hair so that person can have the undetectable results after BHT surgery.