Almost every person at some point in their life experience hair shedding issue. Even during and after pregnancy women suffer from this problem. You need to manage the problem properly. In this guide, we will share some tips by which you can avoid hair loss while you are pregnant.
Motherhood is the happiest and best moment in any woman’s life. No doubt, every pregnancy is special but at times it comes with different issues. One of them is why during pregnancy you start losing hair?
What is Telogen Effluvium?
At any point in time, around 90% of hair is in a growing phase and the rest of them are in the resting phase. The hair in the resting phase falls out every 2 to 3 months and after that new hair starts growing in its place.
During pregnancy the hormones level increase due to which the resting phase is paused which results in making luxurious hair. Post-delivery the hormone levels get back to normal within 3 to 4 months which results in hair shedding. This is referred to as Telogen effluvium and it affects around 40 to 50 percent of women during pregnancy.
Is there any other reason for hair fall?
If you start experiencing hair fall then there might be some other reason. It includes genetic factor, medications, health-related issue, hypothyroidism, anemia, reproductive causes (abortion and miscarriage), and PCOS.
In case, the problem does not stop after the pregnancy then make sure you seek the help of the doctor for hair loss treatment.
Tips to avoid hair fall during pregnancy
Well, there is no guarantee that you will be able to avoid pregnancy completely. But there are some ways which can help to deal with the problem or it can keep the situation under control.
- During pregnancy, hormones change a lot which is pretty normal in this phase. It is essential that you follow the doctor’s advice properly so that hormones can be balanced effectively.
- Styling the hair which heating products should be avoided especially when you start using them in excess it creates the problem even more. Avoid hairstyles like braids or tight pigtails.
- Make sure you use the shampoo and conditioner which do not contain any type of harmful chemicals. You need to use those products which have silica and biotin in it.
- When the hair is wet you should not use fine-tooth comb.
- At times pregnancy can be stressful for that you should practice exercise and deep-breathing.
- Before washing the hair, you should massage the scalp as it helps in stimulating the blood flow which makes the hair follicles strong.
- Start eating healthy food which includes Vitamin E, Vitamin C, zinc, etc. Your platter should have fresh and raw food.