Hair Transplantation is the best option available to treat hair loss. This is true that it helps in solving the problem permanently and the hair growth also looks natural. but what if you are suffering health-related issue like diabetes will affect the desired results? In this article, we are going to tell you about this.
Undergoing the hair transplant in most cases is safe and successful even if you are suffering from diabetes. The outcome of the surgery will depend on whether your diabetes is in control or not and the type of diabetes you have. If you are suffering from diabetes then the surgeon will check certain things:
- Are the blood sugar level controlled or not?
- Will lengthy hair transplant surgery is going to affect hormone levels and blood sugar?
- Will diabetes impact the healing phase?
- How hair loss is impacted by diabetes?
- How diabetes affects the immune system and circulatory system?
Just make sure you plan everything with your doctor so that you can see the desired results.
How diabetes can result in hair loss?
Diabetes can increase the level of sugar in the blood and it has 2 types: type 1 and type 2. type 2 is more common and it occurs when the body’s system affects the system cells.
- Hormonal Imbalance results in hair loss
The hormones help in controlling hair growth and making the hair follicles grow perfectly. If the blood sugar levels are not proper then the endocrine system gets affected which include testosterone and dihydrotestosterone which affect the hair growth. The good news is that they can be controlled by keeping a check on your diet and taking medications on time. To see the effective hair growth hair transplantation is the ideal choice.
- Circulatory problem result in hair loss
Improper blood flow in the body can also create a problem. It remains too high then excess sugar can create a problem with the hemoglobin. Around the body, it helps in carrying the oxygen which in turn will affect the hair follicles growth.
- Autoimmune disease results in hair loss
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease which can also lead to risk as it starts affecting the healthy hair follicles. This hair loss type is known as alopecia areata.
- Before the procedure, you need to get a blood test known as ‘HbA1c’. This test helps in knowing whether your blood sugar levels are in control or not.
- The entire treatment takes 6 to 8 hours because your blood sugar levels need to be taken into account.
If you are thinking to get transplant then make sure you know every small detail and follow the doctor’s guidelines to keep the blood sugar level in control.